TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE
I’m not talking about creating a website. You built that when you started your business. You checked it off your to-do list and then forgot about it. Today, you are tackling social media. Yuck! Does that mean? Yes, that means you are going to have to ENGAGE (cue the dramatic sound effects). You never thought this moment would come so quickly but recent events have forced you into the uncomfortable corners of stories, chat, memes, and dare I say it, live video.
TODAY IS A NEW DAY
You wake up enthusiastic and focused. You feel the energy running through your body. You are confident you can tackle any project with only a single cup of coffee. You sit at your desk with impeccable posture and, while your computer starts, you admire the matching desk accessories you bought the day before. Life is good. The web page loads and the onset of a mild panic attack ensues as you read the question, CREATE NEW ACCOUNT? Sound familiar?
YOUR PERSONAL SUCCESS
Listen, there are a lot of things in this world that are out of your control. Your personal success is not one of them. Focus on using social media as what it is best used for: building one-to-one, meaningful relationships. The more you engage and build trust with your followers, the easier it will be to create loyal customers who will recommend your products and services. This is why engagement is at the heart of your social media strategy.
Here Are 5 Tips To Help You Optimize Your Social Media Profiles.
- GET FOUND – Optimize your username so you show up in results easily. This is SEO 101. When you search for topics online you use keywords to narrow down your results. Social media platforms do the same thing. Choose keywords related to your niche. If you are setting up an account for your personal brand, make sure your name is spelled correctly and that it is the same across all social media platforms.
- LOOK THE PART – How many profiles have you ignored because they do not include a picture of the actual person? Also, keep in mind that looking professional does not always mean suit and tie. Research your industry and mimic popular styles that will help you stand out. You want to be easily recognized and appear approachable.
- SELL YOUR MISSION – Your bio needs to tell people what you do, why they need to follow you, and how they can contact you. Make it easy for them to get in touch with you by including an email, number, or website link.
- CONTENT IS KING – learn to share information that is honest, helpful, and related to your followers and their interests. The more useful they find your content, the more likely they are to engage and share your message.
- BRANDING – Align the overall look and feel of your profile across all platforms. Not only will it help you look professional but it will allow current and new followers to easily recognize you.
Optimize your online profiles and take your social media marketing to the next level. If you found this information helpful, subscribe to stay updated and share with your friends.